We are looking for a full stack web engineer for immediate hire at our Dumbo, Brooklyn office.
Partnering with new venture and startup clients, we work across interactive digital experiences ranging from websites to apps and beyond. You will develop a wide range of projects, creating everything from online applications and eCommerce sites to mobile apps and interactive experiences. The ideal candidate brings a wealth of technical knowledge and expertise that is reflected in every project they’re working on.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality, performance and standards-compliant web experiences for all projects
- Providing technical insight and direction in kickoff and scoping meetings
- Updating and maintaining projects already in production
- Deeply collaborating with the web design and UX teams to deliver cutting edge web experiences
- Communicating any issues before, during, and after development to project managers
- Alerting colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Producing project estimates during sales process, based on expertise, total number of people, total number of development hours required, etc.
Skills and qualities we look for in candidates:
- 5+ years industry experience developing for web and mobile
- A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in an agency environment.
- Exceptional front-end skills with SCSS using frameworks like Bourbon. (We don’t believe Bootstrap has a place in a production project.)
- Expert level understanding of the responsive web.
- Deep understanding database technologies including MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo.
- Familiarity with other technologies like Objective-C/Swift, Ruby, Python and Node is a plus.
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of mobile devices.
- Understanding of legacy browsers, their quirks, and how to implement fallbacks.
- Habit of writing detailed documentation as you code to ensure anyone looking at your code can quickly understand it.
- Linux server setup, security and administration skills.
- Passions and interests outside of work
- Dog lover! (we have a few small dogs who work here part-time)
Must be in physically living in NYC and able to work from our Brooklyn office. This position is not remote.
Must provide link to GitHub showing code samples along with a portfolio site showing off your web capabilities. Any applications received not containing these items will not be considered.
To apply with your Free&Willing profile in 1 click, log in.
If you are not "officially" looking turn on
and your profile will not be visible to anyone, but you will still be able to apply for jobs. :)
Or apply as a guest
We'll email your profile info to Red Antler.
Send to a friend